Recently, the FDA, CDC and NYSDOH authorized getting a COVID-19 booster if you are 18 years of age and older and fully vaccinated.
Individuals who received two doses of Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna COVID-19 vaccine at least six months or more ago can receive a booster.
- CDC is recommending a booster for:
- All persons aged 65 and over
- All persons age 50 and over with underlying medical conditions
- CDC states the following groups may receive a booster:
- All persons aged 18 and over whose profession or work environment puts them at increased risk of contracting COVID-19.
- All persons aged 18 and over with underlying medical conditions
- All persons aged 18 and over who live in long-term care settings
Booster shots are recommended for those who received the Johnson & Johnson vaccine two or more months ago.
Eligible individuals are now able to “mix and match” boosters so you may choose which brand of vaccine you receive as a booster (either Pfizer, Moderna or Johnson and Johnson).
Severely immunocompromised individuals should receive a third dose of either Pfizer or Moderna at least 4 weeks after their second dose. This third dose is different from a booster.
In order for us to accommodate the increased demand for sick and acute care visits, we encourage you to get your COVID-19 vaccine booster at a local pharmacy or state-run clinic. Boosters are free and readily available. Click here to find a location near you.
We hope to begin offering booster vaccinations to our patients soon and as always, we will keep you updated on our website.
Hudson Headwaters is here for your health care needs, and we are adapting to best serve you. Thank you for your understanding and support.