|Homeward Bound is a Hudson Headwaters Health Network program developed in association with The Glens Falls Home, Inc. It is a home-based primary care program for our frail and homebound patients living in the greater Glens Falls area.
Our goal is to bring primary health care to you at home when your illness or health condition makes it too challenging for you to travel to your primary care doctor at the Health Center.
If you (or a family member) are over 65 years old or disabled, with chronic health problems that keep you homebound, the Homeward Bound team may be able to help. You and your health care provider must be comfortable with transferring your care to the Hudson Headwaters' Homeward Bound team. Therefore, we encourage you to speak with your current provider about it.
The kinds of primary health care services that the doctor or nurse practitioner provides will depend on your individual circumstances. He/she may:
* Record your medical history and give you a comprehensive physical examination.
* Review your current health condition and chronic health issues.
* Make recommendations on diet and exercise.
* Prescribe medications based on your medical history and physical exam.
* Refer certain aspects of your ongoing care to health care specialists.
* Order diagnostic testing such as x-rays, EKG, CT scans, or lab/blood tests.
* Help coordinate your health care services with other services you may be receiving.
For more information, click on the "Guide for Patients and Families" link on the top of this page, and call (518) 798-1859 if you have more questions.